The visual beauty and vital nutrition that a nourish bowl provides, are just the ingredients you need to zen-out a little at lunch and beat stress naturally. This gorgeous recipe for two can be prepared as is or try adding your favourite nuts, seeds or even a runny egg for added energy during busy days.
- 2 cups sweet potato
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup organic tinned chickpeas (drained)
- 1 cup chopped kale stalks removed
- handful of parsley
- Fresh lime juice or lemon
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash then chop up sweet potato and Cook on baking tray with a little olive oil for about 25-30 minutes.
- Place 1 cup Quinoa with 2 cups of hot water in saucepan for 20 minutes or until cooked. Pour into a sieve and rinse under cool water and set aside to let all the water drip out. (tip: Wash quinoa under a running tap before cooking).
- Chop broccoli (lightly steamed), avocado, kale, purple cabbage, carrot and parsley. Add chickpeas
- Add it all together as shown in picture and top with big dollop of my Hommus with a squeeze of lemon.
This recipe is a slightly modified version of the nourish bowl from http://www.lifeofgoodness.com.au